Bored much? Check out Rockstar Summer Event!

Navigation

Clan Playlist

Hello Rockstars!

Poll

Good idea?

[ 1 ]
    25% [25%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    25% [25%] 
    [ 2 ]
    50% [50%] 

Total Votes: 4

Dwight

Hello Rockstars!

Post by Dwight on Tue 27 Apr 2010, 1:23 pm

Hello Rockstars!

My name is Dwight, from the UGC Community.

I would like to take this opportunity to make this forum an offer! This offer is about us working together to create a bigger community with more people and more income streams (seeing your G-adsense, but we make more cash).

My idea was to have a look at the "smaller" communities and join all of them on my website:
    http://www.unheardgamers.com

Thus creating a bigger community where we can ALL have more fun, and make more money for the hosting of tourney's in ijji-Gunz and other online games (our biggest set was worth 400 G, but that was for the VIP's or the UGC!).

Our new tournament will be a "Hunt-The-Dwight" (ye me <,<), in which I join the red team, and the 15 participants join blue, with friendly fire on! Your objective is simple.. try to kill me 3 times Smile

I hope that I will get contacted soon by one of you (hopefully the Admin <,<), in order to work things out!

Hoping to hear from you soon and having a good cooperation, I wish you all the best!

Regards,

Dwight
    Founder of the UGC
    http://www.unheardgamers.com
    Dwight@unheardgamers.com
    Heero

Re: Hello Rockstars!

Post by Heero on Tue 27 Apr 2010, 3:14 pm

Alright, I don't really know where to begin, but I thought I would voice my opinion, not as a Rockstar Clan Administrator, but as an individual who has some experience with ad-sense and advertising in general.

First, I like your idea of starting events and stuff to keep all the people who play these games, playing. Even offering prizes, that's a cool idea too. However I can't help but feel like you're doing this because you want to get money from the ad-sense and traffic.

Lets say you offer a 40$ (400 G Coin) prize once a month for a winner of a tournament. Let's also say that you begin picking up traffic more and more when we, your 'affiliates' begin telling our friends about this. They begin doing click-throughs, some of them even turn out to buy stuff from advertisements and you make commission. So, let's say you start getting some good ad revenue (1k$/month - not bad for small time). Will you continue to offer the same quality/quantity prizes and keep all the income for yourself? Will you perhaps offer a little money back to the people who give you this ad revenue.

Basically my main question, what are your real intentions in affiliating with the 'small communities'? Are you really doing this for the community, or are you trying to fill your own pocket.

Remember I'm not speaking for the clan, I'm voicing my own thoughts on the subject. So, lets make this conditional. If this actually was for the community, I would highly support this and say this is a great idea, obviously you can't have these prizes without some type of income, and the best type of income, is from the participants without their expense. That would be a great idea that I can fully back.

On the other hand, if this is like I said before, to fill your own pocket, I don't know if I would want to participate, or be affiliated with this organization that you belong to. It seems like every person and his/her mother is jumping on the ad-sense bandwagon lately, trying to become more and more lazy, working at home doing nothing.

Anyways I would like to stay on topic and I have a few more points I would like to say. Regarding these events, how often would they happen? Who would be allowed to participate, and what would the requirements be? Is this something that will really happen when you say it will?

From what I gather, you're saying to be eligible for this, we would basically put a click-through ad to your website using your adsense, and you would allow members from this particular community to participate in your events? I took a look at your site (Brief look) and I saw that your community plays several games. Do you intend to do this for all games that you can?

For example, maybe you hold some type of WoW Event and the prize is a WoW Time Card? Or exclusive blizzard online shop in-game items, like the Celestial Steed? Or are you only doing this for select games currently?

One other thing I noticed was you're also running off forumotion, and I wanted to ask you if you aware that you get limited bandwidth on here? Once you start getting real traffic (if you get real traffic), you would be forced to purchase your own server, and run it dedicated, or, pay an actual host to run this stuff for you. I want to know how much you actually know regarding web advertising and managing a website or a server.

I still have more that I'm curious about but I'm sort of pre-occupied at the moment, and I think you have plenty to answer now. Depending on your answers, and how thorough you are, I will determine my real feelings on this subject.

Until then, peace.
    -HeeroYamato
    Darylin

Post by Darylin on Tue 27 Apr 2010, 6:33 pm

First off, I'm not "Admin" on the site, but I can speak for the Admin/clan when I say it wouldn't really matter who you talked to about this. Everyone would get their input in. It's not really like a dictatorship. It would depend on how everyone felt as a whole.

I am pretty much on the same page as Heero. I'm just gonna wait for you to answer his questions.

Dwight

Post by Dwight on Wed 28 Apr 2010, 9:34 am

Dear HeeroYamato,

I firstly want to thank you for this quick response, which gives me the opportunity to explain things more in detail.

So let's summarize your post a bit for a better understanding:

First off, you deal with the advertisements. These advertisements are purely for the sake of the UGC and the costs that we make with our vent servers and hosting.

Second, you commented on the quality and if I wanted to fill my own pockets: Us, as the UGC, wish to unite gamers all over the world to have a good time. These tournaments will always be held and will be offered the same quality and quantity. As soon as we get more traffic, more money will come in, and thus more money (except 16 euro a year, + hosting fee's for VIP's) will go to the community.
    I do this with no mark-ups or commissions.
    Will I offer little money back? No. I will offer almost everything back.

Third, with regard to the combining of the "smaller" communities: Again, the purpose of the UGC is to unite players ALL over the world and to make friends with them. Joining all smaller ones combined can give us more meaning. We even talked with NHN to sponsor us, and to let us make the official Gunz manga.(Our member Holly actually went to the NHN headquarters. So you know how serious we are.)

As a fourth point you mentioned the way to get a "constant" income stream. Thank you for backing me up on this, because so far, this is the most profitable way.

Fifth, you mention lazyness in your reply. I can tell you, that all our staff members are not lazy at all, and all members have already spent money on the UGC (averaged out 10 euro per person, without further interest). Our actions will speak louder than our words in the end.

Sixth, about these events: these events will occur (for now) monthly, just because of the fact of the abscense of a continuous stream of cash. These events will occur more often as soon as we get more active members, more income, and more people willing to help to build. Also one of the main reasons to contact you guys, since I know that the people who respond to this topi, are active, and have the skills to organize these events, is to build together. An organogram will follow.

Seventh, again with regard to the events: the events are for EVERYONE registered on the UGC. There are NO restrictions whatsoever; I believe in fair chances. If for example 20 people registered for a 15 people tourney, we will ofcource make 2 teams of 10 people and let both winners of both teams receive the same prize (or equal prize, G-coins or set?).

Your WoW ideas are also great to hear, but that section is still quite dead. I would love to hear the ideas that you have!

As point eight, (sorry for this summarizing), I believe that you mentioned the forumotion disadvantages, and also want to know more about my expertise in these matters. I will, again, summarize what I have done so far:

After studied at 6th form college (Gymnasium in the Netherlands + Latin), I now study at the Maastricht university where I study International Business Economics.
    My main areas of interest are Marketing, Finance and Strategy. I already have done courses at the Uni, but also aside (Marketing).

With website development, I have helped to build several websites:
    www.destinygamer.com
    www.chillzone365.com
    www.unheardgamers.com
    and several more. But you get the point. On 2 of the 3 websites I stopped working, mainly because of the fact that I wanted to give my full attention to the UGC (Unheard Gamers Community).

Also, what I don't know, others on the community know. That is the way we roll: teamwork over individuality.

I hope that this was, for now, enough information to get a general idea about the website.

Regards,

Dwight
    Heero

Post by Heero on Wed 28 Apr 2010, 1:21 pm

Alright, thank you for your reply.

I found your answers to be informative and they gave me a better understanding of your intentions. Your education history really makes you seem more capable. Also your english skills are quite good too. I take it you're Dutch from your education experience?

Finishing up on my honest thoughts about your website:

I do indeed think this is a good idea, on paper. In reality though, a lot of the gamers from these communities, Gunz especially, are very unfriendly, uninteresting, and unintelligent. So I will have to register on your site to see if the community you currently have, is to my liking.

If I find it to be an enjoyable experience, I will suggest that we register for your site, although I cannot guarantee the activeness of any of our members. Most of us have jobs, or school, and therefore will be too busy to even get online.

Aside from that, I noticed you said that you're paying for vent, and I would like to recommend that if you have a dedicated host for VoIP server, to run Teamspeak 3 instead. It's free, and by default you can have up to 32 users. It uses less bandwidth using UDP ports instead of TCP. That is also an advantageous thing to do, since vent servers can easily be attacked (Even an idiot could do it.). You can register for a NPO License (Non-Profit Organization) and that will increase your user capacity to up to 500 users per server. The voice codecs rival that of skype and far surpass ventrilo. The bandwidth consumption is less than that of ventrilo as well. It is quite developer friendly as well, allowing for custom user addons. Teamspeak 3 also includes a built in chat box below the channel list, and it doesn't consume precious space from your task bar. It also supports file transfers and uses a custom encryption method for user identity. It makes banning people who you don't want on your server, that much easier. It may be a little harder to get used to than vent, although it is far more effective and less trouble than ventrilo, xfire VoIP, Skype, or other voice chat interfaces. If this sounds like it might be something you want to look into, check out Teamspeak 3 here.

I hope that this post will provide a little insight for you, and I will thoroughly examine your organization.

Dwight

Post by Dwight on Thu 29 Apr 2010, 3:10 am

Again, thank you for your reply too.

As you might have noticed, a not-for-profit (aka Non-profit) organization also needs incomes to pay for their costs.
    That is also the main reason why I have choosen a forumotion website at first.

As I don't have acces to the database (yet...), Im hoping that when we have enough members, and are one of the bigger communities out there, that I can speak with the founder of forumotion to give me full acces to the database (transferring accounts mainly).

We were indeed also thinking about the Teamspeak, but for some reason, mainly Natalie's fault, we have choosen Ventrilo at a ridiculous low ammount for 20 people (so far).

As I can tell, you also have quite some experience yourself, and would also like to discuss further things with you regarding matters such as websites and mainly the maintenance of it. I think that you have the capabilities to do those things.

An organogram will soon follow, as soon as I get my full staff complete.

Thanks in advance,

Dwight
    Hokuto-Angel

Post by Hokuto-Angel on Mon 24 May 2010, 12:29 am

I think we should just say up yo aaapple pie with whipped cream on top : )
    btw just disregard my comments, I just like messin around serious topics.

Last edited by Hokuto-Angel on Mon 24 May 2010, 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Cuz I can foo)
    Slinky
    Admin

Post by Slinky on Wed 26 May 2010, 1:52 am

Not interested.
    Heero

Post by Heero on Fri 28 May 2010, 1:24 pm

Slinky wrote:Not interested.

DROPPED LIKE A MOFO LOL! YOU WA SHOCK!

Jokes aside, I agree.
    Darylin

Post by Darylin on Sat 29 May 2010, 5:09 pm

Heero wrote:
    Slinky wrote:Not interested.

DROPPED LIKE A MOFO LOL! YOU WA SHOCK!

Jokes aside, I agree.

LOL, "dropped".
    Adumbness

Post by Adumbness on Sun 11 Jul 2010, 9:34 am

LOL Wtf! You all Wrote Like this big Paragraph thing WHICH I DID NOT READ. and Slinky

"Not Interested" xD That was hilarious this is a late late late reply to this xD

Post by IrAFishywee on Sun 11 Jul 2010, 1:47 pm

meeeeh we can beh late togetha >___> *nibbles on bread.. i was gonna say somefin but i forgah pfft must haff been bull. On the subject.. i rather not join a bigger or better community i may not know what others want or think but i came to this forum for friends to keep in touch with them and that is all FUN isn't just about joining a bunch of strangers to raise money for tournaments and other leisure's. I'm happy with what I'm comfortable with and that's just being here for my friends if they need me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 20 May 2018, 5:12 am